The Tulane Office of Sustainability, in collaboration with student leaders from the Tulane Bio Innovation program and department of Environmental Studies, are developing the Tulane Green Labs program: a researcher-led institution-wide initiative to promote sustainability in science.
Green Labs is a new program focused on the university commitment to a 30% emission reduction by 2025 and achieving carbon neutrality by 2050. Research laboratories are known to be one the most resource-intensive spaces of any industry: on average using 10 times the amount of energy compared to office spaces.
The Office of Sustainability is eager to engage with the Tulane community and explore the changes that our scientific community can bring about to attain a safe and sustainable future. Contact the Office of Sustainability at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Green Labs Resources
General Green Labs Programs
- Green Lab certification: https://www.mygreenlab.org/green-lab-certification.html
- Green Chemistry: https://www.mygreenlab.org/green-chemistry.html
- Sigma Aldrich Styrofoam mailer ship-back program: https://www.sigmaaldrich.com/US/en/services/support/recycling/polystyrene-cooler-return-program
- Corning Mail This Back program: https://corning.mailthisback.com/
- Any corning, costar, falcon, axygen product packaging can be shipped back to corning FREE OF CHARGE, PREPAID SHIPPING LABELS