Moving Services provides labor to assist departments in the following:
- Event set up and break down
- Special event assistance for events such as Commencement, concerts, sporting events
- Equipment transfers, excluding items that require a technician expertise
- Basic furniture/equipment assembly, set up, and configuration
- Office moves
- Emergency operation assistance
- Junk removal
- General labor assistance/providing a helping hand
- Heavy material moves
All of the services below are provided for an additional charge. An Interdepartmental Transfer (IT) must be completed and routed to us at least 3 business days prior to your move date.
- General moving and delivery services
- Furniture moving - Moving of furniture from one office to another, one building to another, or to storage at the Hebert Center in Belle Chasse is funded by the department requesting service. Facilities will provide labor, boxes, and equipment handling needed to complete the move. The requesting department is expected to have all items suitably packed prior to the move. Although every effort will be made to assure safe handling, all damages and losses are the risk of the requesting department.
- Furniture pool - A limited amount of surplus reusable furniture is stored at the Hebert Center by Facilities for the Property Manager (purchasing agent). With the prior clearance of the Property Manager (865-5219), Facilities will remove items from storage, make necessary repairs if desired, and deliver them to the requested location as funded by the requesting department.
- Furniture rental - Items such as tables, chairs, tents, and party goods can be rented through Support Services by submitting a job order or an IT. Charges for this service will be based on actual man-hour expenditures.
- Moving furniture and equipment. This ranges from moving a single desk to moving an entire department from one building or floor to another
- Set-up of tables, chairs, and stage for commencement and other special events and returning same to storage
- Collecting and hauling trash from residence halls, including old mattresses, pallets, and broken furniture
- Pick-up of bulk mailings for Admission Office and Business School and delivery to downtown Post Office
- Pick-up and delivery of surplus furniture and equipment to and from the Belle Chasse bunkers
Our operating hours are 7:30 am-3:30 pm, Monday-Friday; Labor needed outside of those times will incur overtime charges. For more information, please contact George Williams. Questions about your IT should be directed to Andie Strain.
*Please note our department is not a professional moving company. Facilities Services does not assume responsibility for any damages that may occur as well as we do not provide on- or off-site storage of items and materials.