Facilities Services electricians work closely with the Facilities Utilities Team and the general maintenance workers to troubleshoot problems with lighting service inside buildings, including high ceiling areas, complicated lighting and control systems, and HVAC power circuits. The electrical shop will also work outside on exterior lights to ensure security on campus after sundown. Facilities Services electricians are licensed by the city and are able to troubleshoot any type of electrical concern on campus, whether it be an emergency or a routine maintenance inspection of electrical circuits powering any commercial equipment, tools, a laboratory, an auditorium, classrooms, or office needs. Electrical shop employees can perform renovations involving wiring and lighting in single offices, such as adding electrical outlets or lights, or performing electrical rough-in and trim-out for entire departments occupying multiple floors in high rise buildings.
Electrical services we provide at no cost:
- Unscheduled/emergency repairs and regular scheduled preventive maintenance to all electrical systems and elevators.
- Inspection and maintenance of:
- Lamp (bulb) and ballast replacement in all academic buildings
- Campus lighting (fluorescent, incandescent and high intensity discharge)
- Campus high voltage systems and main distribution systems, including underground network electrical loops, G&W gas switches, transformer vaults, transformers and secondary electrical feeders, circuit breaker panels, electric motors, and motor controllers
- Electrical wiring
- Receptacles, switches, exhaust hoods, and conduit systems
- Event electrical service request
- Renovation and new construction of the above systems
- Adding/moving receptacles and switches
- Repairs or bulb replacement to furnishings